As Scrum Master, you will be required to embed and evolve scrum practices within a disciplined, agile delivery framework. You will motivate, challenge and keep development teams focused while facilitating the collaborative delivery of working software.
You will strive for continuous improvement and encourage greater self-organisation within the team. You will put the needs of the team first and help members develop and perform to the best of their abilities at all times.
This role involves working across multiple development teams to lead the continuous transformation of customers' delivery models and establish consistent agile practices. This also involves coaching and working with the delivery team of Developers, Testers and Project Managers.
- At least 2 years' experience working in a scrum team
- Demonstrable scrum coaching skills
- Excellent knowledge of iterative development principles
- Exposure to, and appreciation of, other methodologies with the ability to leverage techniques that may add value to the team
- Understanding of the value of commitment to delivery made by the development team
- Proven knowledge of tracking velocity and responding to variable factors that could affect delivery
- In-depth understanding of BDD and/or TDD techniques, as well as continuous delivery
- A working background in software development
- A scrum expert, coaching the team to think, communicate and work towards achieving a common goal
- Training and supporting the team to become self organising and independent
- Using various facilitation techniques to enable collaborative problem solving
- Challenging the team, and encouraging them to scrutinise the work completed and adapt to changes
- Striving for technical excellence in the continuous delivery of high quality shippable apps
- Thinking laterally and finding ways to engage and bring team members together
- Inspiring and mentoring team members to improve their understanding of agile values and practices
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- University Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Competent use of English (Reading, Writing and Speaking)
- Certified Scrum Master or Professional Scrum Master Qualification advantageous