Amdaris are proud to have supported and been featured as a key technology partner in the new Bristol and Bath LegalTech 2021 report from Whitecap Consulting.
The report identifies a significant level of LegalTech activity across an established legal sector, including more than 750 tech and innovation roles and a growing cluster of over 30 LegalTechs, tech companies working in the legal sector, and LegalTech arms operating within the region’s law firms.
The key findings of the report include:
- High levels of LegalTech activity and service innovation across law firms of all sizes, including the presence of head office functions of 17 of the UK’s Top 200 law firms.
- Bristol and Bath has built an extensive LegalTech talent pool, with more than 750 legal technology and innovation roles identified in the report.
- The identification of a growing cluster of over 30 LegalTechs, tech companies working in the legal sector and LegalTech arms within law firms in the region.
- The region’s LegalTech sector could create powerful differentiation on a national and international level if embryonic collaboration in the legal sector was fully joined up with and modelled on the tech sector’s well-established regional collaborative ecosystem.
- A strong sense of societal purpose is evident within the legal sector in the region and this should drive a future strand of LegalTech development.
The report advocates supporting the future development of the ecosystem by improving visibility and accessibility to law firms for LegalTechs and tech firms, communication and collaboration, building cross-sector links within and outside the region, raising awareness of available roles and building on the region’s strong sense of societal purpose.
Richard Birtwhistle, Senior Software Solutions Consultant at Amdaris, said
“Part of the secret of success for LegalTech in the Bristol and Bath region is the power of networking, networking events and meet-ups. We can’t wait to get back to that. Amdaris want to be front and centre of that in terms of the office space and collaborating with people.”
The full Bristol & Bath LegalTech 2021 report can be downloaded here.
With headquarters in Bristol, we at Amdaris are proud to have supported this report. If you would like to speak to someone at Amdaris about your software requirements in the LegalTech space, please get in touch. Call +44(0)117 935 3444 or contact us using the form below. We will help you take your project from planning to implementation and beyond.