Head of Managed Services – Bristol
Amdaris is an international cutting-edge software development organisation with stylish offices based in the heart of Bristol. We fuse together exceptional talent that takes software to the next level and delivers outstanding services through our blended model of resources across our European and Middle East offices.
We are Amdaris
We are growing aggressively, and we are now looking for a Head of Managed Services Reporting into the Group Delivery Director, the Head of Managed Services is accountable for the successful delivery of all Amdaris Managed Service engagements.
The Head of Managed Services provides leadership, direction, and guidance to their team of Portfolio Directors to ensure high standards of delivery and smooth running of Managed Service engagements.
The Head of Managed Services is accountable for Service Delivery excellence including measurement and identification of areas of improvement in relation to:
- Contractual and Work Order compliance
- Customer Satisfaction
- Processes and Quality (according to best practice and the Amdaris Way)
The Head of Managed Services is accountable for the development and training for their team of Portfolio Directors. The Head of Managed Services is also accountable for the creation and maintenance of an appropriate training framework for Portfolio Directors and Service Delivery Leads. They are also responsible for ensuring that the team of Service Delivery Leads is “right-sized” with sufficient capacity for upcoming work whilst also minimizing wastage.
- Leads the implementation of new/improved quality standards for Managed Services and ensures those standards are applied across all Managed Service engagements.
- Ensures that strong processes are in place for Managed Service engagements to follow.
- Ensures consistency of processes across all Managed Service engagements.
- Ensures that corporate toolset is used consistently and that improvements in the toolset are identified and actioned.
- Leads the identification and delivery of improvement initiatives for all aspects of Managed Services.
- Ensures timely updates are provided to the Group Delivery Director.
- Handles serious escalations as the 3rd point (after Service Delivery Lead and Portfolio Director) and manages upward escalations internally and to the client.
- Builds strong client relationships.
- Ensures that a consistent approach to stakeholder management is used across all delivery engagements.
- Always ensures that Managed Services are focused on the achievement of client goals. When required, negotiates solutions with clients to produce positive outcomes for both client and Amdaris.
- Ensures that improvement plans are communicated to clients in a consistent way including regular updates in relation to any complaint or negative feedback (especially as a result of NPS feedback).
- Works with their Portfolio Directors to ensure that serious client issues are Identified, understood, and resolved.
- Confidently holds difficult conversations with clients while positively representing Amdaris.
- Monitors Service Reviews to ensure that they are held with all clients as per the contractually agreed cadence (typically quarterly).
- Leads/Participates in Service Reviews as required.
- Acts as the 3rd point (after Service Delivery Lead and Portfolio Director) of escalation.
- Mentors and Coaches Portfolio Directors.
- Identifies skills gaps and aids the development of the Training Framework for the Portfolio Director community.
- Ensures that a Training Framework and training programme for the Managed Services community is defined and updated.
- Reviews CVs and participates in Interviews for new members of the Portfolio Director team.
- Manages, supervises, and motivates a successful team of Portfolio Directors. Upskills and trains team to ensure adoption of Service Management best practice.
- Undertakes reviews with Portfolio Directors at the agreed time in a timely way. Provides team members with 5-6 SMART objectives each quarter in line with the Amdaris competency framework, the team’s and Amdaris’ standards and goals.
- Accountable for ensuring the appropriate resolution of delivery resourcing issues across all engagements and resolves potential conflicts between Portfolio Directors, Directors of Technology, and recruitment in relation to resourcing issues.
- Supports the Portfolio Directors in the management of poor performance and low moral within their teams.
- Ensures that estimates are validated and reviewed according to an agreed best practice approach.
- Works with sales, Client Partners and Finance to help determine prices for New Business, Renewals and Upsells
- Reviews (as a point of approval) Work Orders for all Renewals and Upsells within the current set of engagements.
- Supports Group Delivery Director in the review (and where required acts as a point of delegated approval) for new business Work Orders and Contracts.
- Supports sales and Client Partners in Pre-sales activities including client meetings and production of proposals in relation to Managed Services as required.
- Supports sales team with proposition development in relation to Managed Services.
- Supports marketing team with work relating to Managed Services.
- (Where appropriate) Ensures that Portfolio Directors work collaboratively with Client Partners to identify and fulfil new business opportunities.
- Ensures that financial objectives for all Managed Services are met.
- Ensures that indexation is applied in accordance with contractual expectations.
Reporting, Monitoring and Risk Management
- Ensures that risks are managed across all engagements to agreed standards.
- Ensures that consistent standards and approaches are used for Risk Management across all Managed Service
- Accountable for the timely implementation of agreed Improvement Plans for issues detected during delivery.
- Ensures all engagements are being monitored (including ASHI and Onboarding audits, NPS and status reporting) and reported upon in an efficient and consistent way both internally and externally.
- Identifies potential “watermelon” services using pre-defined Metrics, NPS and status reports and ensures action is taken to investigate and resolve resulting issues. Reports serious issues upward in a timely way.
- Accountable for the accurate and timely status reports for internal and external stakeholders across all engagements in accordance with Amdaris standards and contractual requirements.
- Leads any improvement initiatives relating to reporting, monitoring and risk management across Managed Services.
- Responsible for resolving resourcing issues that cannot be resolved by Portfolio Directors.
- Accountable for setting the standards for the correct use of Amdaris delivery management tools.
- Excellent communication skills in English; strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to work autonomously, working under broad direction and able to self-initiated work. Works by establishing milestones and taking a significant role in the assignment of tasks and/or responsibilities.
- Strong analytical, numerical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Strong driver for results and continual improvement
- Demonstrable ability to lead user/customer collaboration throughout all stages of work.
- Certified delivery practitioner e.g., PMP, PRINCE2, Scrum Master, ITIL, etc.
- Significant demonstrable experience of influencing across the organisation, customers, suppliers, partners, and peers in relation to delivery.
- Demonstrable experience in the successful management and delivery of a large portfolio of concurrent IT Projects/Services.
Competitive salary that rewards your hard work and recognise talent
Attractive mix of perks and benefits
High spec laptops and latest technology
In-house and external training courses and qualifications