We’re growing rapidly and are seeking Software Engineers at mid/senior levels with experience of Software Development and Hardware Integration to contribute towards the development of an expanding product. The role will put the latest technologies at your fingertips in a talented, collaborative team and high-energy work environment. We want everyone to build a career they can be proud of and will support you in your development from day one. You’ll be happy to work in a team and lead by example, every day.
WE ARE AMDARIS
We bring together the best talent and next-level ideas to create outstanding solutions. With 40% year-on-year growth every year under our belt over the past four years, we have big plans for the future. Our growth plan is ambitious and our projects take software to the next level.
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING RESPONSIBILITIES
The main purpose of the role is to shape products and early-stage architecture, directly impacting the solution and being an expert, influencing the development opportunities for our projects.
As a Software Engineer, you will work with cross-functional teams to create new products and features, as well as collaborate with developers and internal teams on product development.
The successful Software Engineer must keep up with emerging technologies, supervise the activities of less experienced team members or other colleagues to maintain operational feasibility through analysis, problem definition, solution development, and propose a solution.
- Contribute to the design and development of software.
- Perform detailed analysis to support the development of both SImulation and Control scripts for a variety of assets.
- Interface Control Document analysis ideally with reverse engineering skills.
- Produce and Test scripting software to interface the software product to underlying system hardware.
- Configuration of hardware components in support of interfacing tasks.
- Analysing and fixing bugs and/or production of Tickets.
- An opportunity to help shape the design and architecture of systems.
- Perform software releases, updates, and deployment activities.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER REQUIREMENTS
- Experience of Software Development in C# and/or Java
- Experience of software and hardware interfacing over a variety of commercial interfaces (e.g. serial and network).
- Hands on experience of configuration and customisation of system hardware components using TELNET, SSH or Web interfaces.
- Experience of legacy and modern interfacing and messaging protocols such as serial, TELNET, SNMP and REST interfaces.
- Practical experience of various network technologies (e.g. IP, TCP, UDP, vLAN, Subnets and IPSEC).
- Practical experience of integrating third party software and subsystems into a larger system.
- Practical experience of Operating System installation, customisation and configuration on both Physical and Virtual environments.
- Ability to embrace and understand new technologies.
- Ability to work on your own or as part of a team.
- You should be able to obtain SC Clearance.
- This role will also require occasional travel to Plymouth.
LIFE AT AMDARIS
- Competitive Employer Pension contributions
- Free Fruit, Snacks and Drinks every week
- Collaborative environment designed for activity-based working
- Flexible and Hybrid working
- Cycle to work scheme, Electric car scheme, Gym discounts and many more flexible benefits to use at your leisure
- Health and Wellbeing app which offers a variety of tools, mindfulness, and positivity
- Invest in your personal development through training and qualifications
- Monthly social and charitable events
- Beer on Tap!!
Competitive salary that rewards your hard work and recognise talent
Attractive mix of perks and benefits
High spec laptops and latest technology
In-house and external training courses and qualifications